It’s that time of year again, when I break out my sweaters, wooly socks, gloves, and my crock-pot.
Actually I use my crock-pot throughout the year, but I love it even more when it gets cold outside.
This crock-pot dish is SOOOO easy. I have the recipe memorized. Which is great when I’m in a hurry and can throw everything together quickly without needing to measure anything.
I love how the smell of yummy food cooking all day makes my house smell so good.
This dish has a Mexican-food flair to it, so I top it with all my favorite taco toppings; sour cream (my kids and I SERIOUSLY love the stuff), avocado, cheese, green onions, and black olives are my favorites here.
To make this, simply place some chicken breasts in your crock-pot, sprinkle some taco seasoning over them. In a medium mixing bowl combine a can of black beans, a can of rotel, and a can of cream o’ chicken (or mushroom) soup. Pour those over the chicken and then let it cook for several hours.
The chicken is so tender. I shred it just before serving, and add it back to the sauce.
Serve over rice, or even noodles, and add those toppings I mentioned before.
- 3-4 chicken breasts (frozen works fine)
- 1 packet taco seasoning, or about 2 Tbs of homemade taco seasoning
- 1, 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 10 oz can Rotel
- 1, 10 oz can cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup
- Your choice of toppings: sour cream, avocado, cheese, cilantro, sliced black olives, sliced green onions, diced tomatoes, etc.
- Place chicken breasts in the crock-pot, sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the beans, Rotel, and soup. Mix together then pour over the chicken in the crock-pot. Set to cook on low for about 6 hours. Or on high for about 3 hours. (Every crock-pot is different, so cooking times may vary. Chicken should be tender and easily pull apart when done.)
- Before serving, remove the chicken breasts and shred them with two forks, then place shredded chicken back into the crock-pot with the sauce. Let sit until ready to serve.
- Serve over rice with your choice of toppings.
What are your favorite crock-pot meals?
See where I link up.
You might also like: