This meal is perfect for those busy week nights. It’s fast to throw together, and it so easy to make.
My mom made this for my siblings and I while we were young, and now my kids totally love it.
I use ground beef, because it is so easy to cook and I pretty much always have it on hand.
In fact, I always have all these ingredients on hand. Maybe that’s why this is such a go to dish.
We serve this over rice, or egg noddles, or even mashed potatoes. All of them taste great with this stroganoff.
I think the secret to getting such great flavor is by adding sour cream. It gives such a great tang. I just love it.
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 envelope of dehydrated onion soup mix (like Lipton’s- any brand will work)
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Prepared rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes
- In a large pan, over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. When fully cooked, no pink remains, add the flour and stir to coat the beef. Add the onion soup mix and stir again.
- Add the water, slowly, and stir until a gravy like consistency is reached with the liquid, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the mushroom soup, then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Serve the stroganoff over your prepared rice, egg noddles, or mashed potatoes.
With Winter approaching I’m sure you’ll want some good comfort food to warm you up. Give this stroganoff a try!
You might also like:
See where I link to up.