I love hot fudge.
I’m sure I am not alone in my feelings. Hot fudge is a perfect companion for ice cream.
(Or cookies, cake, brownies, etc. Ok, I could eat it on just about anything, or even plain… I may have done that.) I even used this on my strawberry bruschetta. Yummy.
Anyway, you can find a use for it!
This sauce starts with melted chocolate and butter.
Add some powdered sugar.
And after a few minutes it turns into this smooth, creamy, delicious hot fudge.
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (12 oz can)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a heavy pot melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat.
- Add sugar and evaporated milk, whisk to combine. Bring to a boil while stirring frequently, you can raise heat slightly to achieve boiling, but make sure not to scorch it. Boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, stir. Makes 2 2/3 cups of hot fudge sauce. Serve warm. Store in refrigerator and reheat when ready to use again.
You might also like: